Thursday, August 20, 2009

Singalong Night at Havering Folk Club

We had a good singalong session last night at Havering Folk Club with a good attendance, in fact Linda and I had to shuffle round a bit to find two seats together.

I took along my 12 string guitar of unknown origin in the big black bag but didn't get a chance to make sure it was in tune and warm it up until the interval. Being a bit later than usual to arrive, I was orginally put on the performers list at number 12 and ended up being the last act at the end of the second half. I played Norwegian Wood with the guitar and then put it down and sang unaccompanied to get the audience joining in with an a capella version of the old Cornish song, Going up Camborne Hill Coming Down

not much like this version below, but I like the steam engines

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails